Want to get rid of your "White Elephant" Model Railroad items without going through the hassles of selling them on-line, or taking them to a swap? Would you like to do so cheaply, and efficiently? Well, for the first time ever, the North Central Region will host a Silent Auction at our annual convention next fall. The auction will be available to all registered convention attendees. Here’s the plan:
Please refer to the following files for instructions:
- The auction will begin Thursday afternoon, and end Saturday evening. Specific times TBD.
- We’ll need help with the auction. So, anyone who brings anything to sell, will be asked to sign up, as an auction room volunteer. We’ll be in the same room as the contest room. Auction volunteers may also be asked to watch over the contest items too.
- Settlement for the buyers (and then the sellers) will be Sunday AM after the Brunch. Unclaimed, and unsold, items will be returned to the sellers after the settlement process is concluded.
- We hope to use the same silent auction software as is used at the NMRA’s National Conventions. This software automatically computes the amount due from the buyer, the sellers proceeds, and our commission (which will probably be 15%). The proceeds from the Silent Auction will be used to defray our expenses. Any remaining funds will be turned over to the NCR convention.
- Cash or Check will be accepted only, we are not able to process credit cards.
- Minimum bid on any one item will be $1.00. All bids will be in $1.00 increments.
Any questions or comments, contact Chuck White, Silent Auction chair, 260-760-1666 or Railcarman@frontier.com